Keurig Coffee Maker Descale Not Working? Read this article for the easy easy cleaning steps and the solution to the problems.
The only strength that makes you come out of the cozy bed in winters is an imagination of a hot velvety cup of coffee. But wait, what? The red light of the Keurig Coffee maker is on? Damn! The whole mood is ruined. But the good news is we have a solution that is simple and easy. You just have to clean the coffee maker, and it will start working again. But what if the red light still remains on?
All the problems related to the descaling are solved below. Let’s check out the easy cleaning steps and the solution to these problems as well that you might be facing early in the morning. Now you don’t have to taste a strange coffee anymore.
Table of Contents
- Keurig Coffee Maker Descale Not Working?
Keurig Coffee Maker Descale Not Working?
There is a very common reason behind descale not working, which is cleaning. You have to manually clean the descale around 2 to 3 times a month for a smooth and fresh taste of coffee. This is a very easy task if done properly. You can just clean the descale with water or a solution specifically made to clean it. Let’s convert this into steps for your ease.
Fixing Descale of Keurig Coffee Maker
With these easy steps, you can learn to clean the Keurig coffee maker quickly.
- First of all, switch off the button of the electric board and make sure no power is in the Keurig coffee maker.
- Now empty the water into the sink from the water reservoir and put it back.
- Add the Keurig descaling solution to the water reservoir, add water in the empty descale solution bottle, and empty it in the water reservoir.
- If your Keurig coffee maker has a water filter jar then just take it out, empty it and set it aside.
- Now switch on the Keurig coffee maker and put a cup on a drip tray.
- Press the brewer button now, and the brewer will dispense some ounces of water into the mug.
- Repeat this process until the display says you need more water.
- After 30 minutes, empty the water reservoir and rinse it thoroughly.
- Now put the reservoir back and add fresh water to it till the max line.
- Repeat the cleansing brewer process at least 12 times.
This process will help you to clean the machine properly, but if the red light on the machine is still visible, and water flow through the machine is still not operating, then there is some other problem. It might be due to the needles of the Keurig coffee maker which are demanding to be cleaned.
Cleaning the Needle of the Keurig Coffee Maker
Sometimes the residue is stuck in the pod and needle of the coffee maker. To clean this up, follow the easy steps. This process may take around 10 minutes. For this, you need a ceramic mug and a clean paper clip.
- First of all, switch off your appliance and put out the plug.
- Lift the handle of the brewer and remove the pod holder.
- Now remove the funnel from the pod holder and set it aside.
- Straight one side of the paper clip and move it inside the tube, which is located beneath the pod holder.
- Move the paper clip pin in a circular motion inside the tube to remove residues.
- After this, rinse the pod holder and the funnel under the tap thoroughly to remove particles, if there are any.
- Now rinse the entrance needle by lifting up the brewer handle.
- If you take a close look you will find the two holes, clean them with a paper needle carefully.
- Now join back the filter and pod holder together and put it back in its place.
- That’s all, the needles of the Keurig coffee maker are now clean. Enjoy your coffee.
Keurig 3 months maintenance kit
You can also use the Keurig 3 months maintenance kit for deep and complete cleansing of your Keurig coffee maker. This kit comes with one descaling solution, four Keurig rinse pods, and two water filter cartridges. After deep cleansing, you will be able to enjoy a better taste of coffee again.
How often should I descale my Keurig coffee maker?
It should be cleaned after every 2 -3 months, but that depends on your use. If you use the coffee maker a lot, then you should clean it every month. Try cleaning it with the Keurig descaling solution.
What can I use instead of the Keurig descaling solution?
It is better if you use a Keurig descaling solution for cleaning your Keurig coffee maker, but if it’s unavailable, then you can use vinegar. You can also use citric acid for deep cleaning.
Why is it important to clean the Keurig coffee makers?
Like other coffee makers, the Keurig coffee maker also needs cleaning at least after 2 months. This is important because bacteria may start breeding there which is not healthy for your stomach. Sometimes molds may also develop inside the pipes if not cleaned for months.
Cleaning the Keurig coffee maker is quite easy. You just need a cleaning solution for this purpose and the best part is Keurig has its own cleaning solution as well. But if somehow you feel your coffee maker is still not clear then you can use vinegar or citric acid instead of a cleaning solution. Keurig also provides 3 months maintenance kit. Steps for cleaning the coffee maker are so easy and simple that you can do it all yourself but in case the red light still remains on you can call the customer support center.