When it comes to coffee, my adventure is unlimited. I explore any possibility to perk up my taste buds. I am not an addict, but I sure can’t spend a day without coffee. It became a habit of mine to try different options just to create a new mixture to make my coffee always inviting and interesting.
Lately, I tried coconut milk in coffee. Since then, I regret why I have not thought of it before. I still do now, in my every sip. Coconut milk and coffee are a perfect combination.
Why? Let me tell you about it.
Table of Contents
- Coconut milk in coffee: Is it worth the try?
- How to determine the best one for coffee?
- What are the health benefits we can get from coconut milk?
- How to make a coconut milk coffee creamer?
- My Top 3 Favorite Recipes
Coconut milk in coffee: Is it worth the try?
Of course, it’s worth a try!
I’m in love with coffee. It doesn’t matter if it’s an instant kind or fresh from an Espresso machine. However, I always like the creamy taste and the heavenly aroma that comes with it. You should drink one to prove that it’s worth it.
One day, I ran out of cream when I was so desperate to drink one. I needed to improvise, so I grabbed a can of coconut milk and tried pouring it in. You already know the rest of the story. Coconut milk in coffee is already a part of my favorite coffee mix.
How to determine the best one for coffee?
The first time I made one, I used coconut milk in a can. My coffee surprisingly became so creamy and delicious. Coconut milk has this distinctive natural taste and aroma that my usual creamer doesn’t have.
If you like to try it out, choose a brand that is unsweetened, BPA-free, and doesn’t contain artificial preservatives. I used this one for mine. I bought this for my cooking purposes but found out that it’s also great for my coffee. It’s healthy; being free of gluten, soy, and dairy.
THAI AGRI Coconut Milk
However, with my curiosity, I started to experiment. When I had the time, I decided to use fresh coconut milk for my coffee. Do you know that freshly made coconut milk is far more delicious than canned one? Besides, the vitamins and minerals from fresh coconut milk are still intact comparing to in cans.
Take note though that after the pressing process, you need to use the milk within the day since it spoils easily. You can buy freshly pressed coconut milk from the market for a fair low price than those sold in cans. If you like to do the pressing yourself, using a food processor is much easier.
What are the health benefits we can get from coconut milk?
The truth is, it’s not just the natural taste of the coconut milk that compelled me to use it as a creamer for my coffee. I usually dig deeper before I start to take it regularly. With the health benefits that coconut milk can give, I made up my mind to stick to it.
However, check first if you can tolerate coconut milk intake. I advise taking a little bit, one at a time.
- It is a good source of vitamins and minerals. A cup of coconut milk can give you fiber, protein, carbohydrates, fat, calories, Vitamin C, folate, iron, magnesium, potassium, copper, manganese, and selenium. Hence, it contains a high level of calories and saturated fats known as medium-chain triglycerides, among other nutrients.
- Positive Effects on Weight and Metabolism. Do you know that MCT (medium-chain triglycerides) in coconut milk aids weight loss, benefits body composition and metabolism? MCT reduces your appetite, increases your metabolism and helps you get rid of those stubborn belly fats.
- Improves the immune system. Coconut milk has lauric acid that can improve the immune system. The fatty acid surprisingly helps in fighting bacteria and virus threats. It also contains antifungal properties and can reduce inflammation and swelling conditions.
- It’s a good choice for the heart. The saturated fatty acid (Lauric) in coconut milk proves to help for improved heart health and lower cholesterol levels. It naturally cleans the arteries of the heart to lower the risk of atherosclerosis that causes heart attacks and strokes.
How to make a coconut milk coffee creamer?
By now, I must have convinced you to use coconut milk as an alternative to your usual coffee creamer.
In fact, I have made it a point to make a coconut milk coffee creamer that suits my taste. I make this ahead, and store it in my fridge for future use. This is very simple to make, so I encourage you to make one at home too.
- 2 cups of fresh coconut milk or 1 can of commercial coconut milk
- Natural sweetener (I use honey, but you can choose maple syrup too)
- Vanilla Extract
Instructions: Pour the coconut milk, sweetener, and vanilla extract into a container and stir. Mix it well. Use the amount you need for your coffee and store the rest in the fridge. Use it when needed.
Here is another way to make a coconut milk coffee creamer. I thought you’ll like this too.
My Top 3 Favorite Recipes
I’ve spent a long time drinking coffee with coconut milk. In fact, I have tried several recipes hoping to find a more delicious combination. I want to share with you five of what I call “my regular” coffee mixes.
1# Coconut Milk Latte
- 3 cups of my hot coffee
- ½ cup of fresh coconut milk
- Dash of cinnamon (it’s optional)
- Pour the coffee and the milk into a blender.
- Blend in for a minute, medium-high (make sure it’s completely combined)
- Pour it into a mug and drop in some ice cubes.
- For more fancy taste and style, place a spoon of frothed coconut milk on top
- Add more coconut milk if you want more!
2# Dairy-Free Coconut Coffee Ice Cream
Who likes to have coffee and ice cream at the same time? It’s awesome to be able to enjoy my favorite coffee and ice cream in one with the dairy-free coconut coffee ice cream. Have you tried one?
- Coconut Condensed Milk (add according to your taste)
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- ¼ cup chilled of your favorite strong coffee
- First, you need to chill your 2 cans of coconut milk overnight.
- When ready, open the 2 cans of coconut milk and scoop the cream into a mixing bowl. Set aside the coconut water for later. Whip up the cream at high speed for about 3 minutes until it appears like whipping cream.
- Add in the coconut condensed milk and whip it again for another 3 minutes. You may add the vanilla along with it too.
- When it’s already mixed and even in color, transfer it to a container, cover it, and place it in the freezer. Freeze it for 8 hours before serving.
Here is a short video showing you how to make it.
3# Vietnamese Coconut Coffee
I like my coffee cold during the day when it’s warm, so thus the first two choices. However, for my early morning sip, it’s must always be hot. This Vietnamese coconut coffee is my motivation to get up every day.
I just mix 4 ounces of coconut milk to my 12 ounces freshly brewed strong coffee in any container. For me, it’s my large mug. I use a bit of condensed milk for sweeteners, but you can use any sweetener you like. Stir it well to blend, and enjoy it while it’s hot. You can try this recipe with ice too!
- 4 ounces of coconut milk
- 12 ounces freshly brewed strong coffee
- Condensed milk for sweetener (as much as you like)
- Just mix 4 ounces of coconut milk to my 12 ounces freshly brewed strong coffee in any container. For me, it’s my large mug.
- Pour in a bit of condensed milk for sweetener, but you can use any sweetener you like.
- Stir it well to blend, and enjoy it while it’s hot. You can try this recipe with ice too!
You know already that coconut milk in coffee is worth the try. It does not only give you a brand new taste of a delicious creamer, but it’s healthier compared to the regular creamer that you are used to. Did you find my favorite recipes easy to make? I encourage you to make some especially during hot summer days for refreshment.
To make it convenient, you can make the coconut milk coffee creamer ahead so you can use it anytime. I tell you, it’s nice to know that there are plenty of ways out there to experience coffee in a better way. Level up, and discover greater possibilities!
Do you have your own recipe? Share it here!
Take a look at the following list of coconut milk that is available on Amazon:
- Thai Kitchen Lite Coconut Milk in a BPA-free resealable carton
- Two simple ingredients (compared to other national brands): water and coconut
- 60% less fat and calories than regular coconut milk
- Delicious, unsweetened alternative to dairy milk and plant based milks
- No guar gum, dairy free, gluten-free and non-GMO
- Nature’s Greatest Foods Pure Coconut Milk: Coconut milk is a sweet, milky white cooking base derived from the meat of a mature coconut. We don’t...
- Only the Good Stuff: No added sugar, carrageenan, guar gum, or sulfites. 17-19% coconut milk fat.
- A Versatile Base: Add it to your favorite desserts, curries, shakes, and soups for a velvety texture and subtly sweet taste direct from the islands.
- Natural: Non-Intent BPA-Free Lining. GMO-Free. Gluten-Free. Vegan. Kosher Certified.
- Nothing But the Best: At Nature’s Greatest Foods, we advocate every day towards finding the best products we can for our customers who are making a...
- RICH & CREAMY COCONUT MILK: A staple of Thai, Indian & Caribbean cuisines, coconut milk imparts creamy goodness & makes a delicious ingredient in...
- MILK REPLACEMENT: Our Organic Coconut Milk may replace dairy milk or cream in some of your favorite recipes with excellent results. It's sourced from...
- SUSTAINABLY FARMED: We support organic & sustainable farming that avoids GMOs & pesticides. We're proud participants in the Non-GMO Project & want our...
- SUPPORT FOR SPECIAL DIETS: Our vegetarian products are ethically sourced & suitable for many special diets including vegan, gluten free, paleo, keto,...
- OUR COMMITMENT TO HEALTHY OPTIONS: Our company was born out of a commitment to create delicious & healthy vegetarian foods with convenient preparation...
- Brought to you by Whole Foods Market
- Certified Organic & pure - Our jiva organic coconut Milk is made from USDA-certified organic coconuts grown in the fertile regions of Sri Lanka
- No guar gum, no additives - We use only the natural coconut and water to produce our coconut Milk. We do not add guar gum or any preservatives to...
- Full 18% fat - This coconut milk is our full fat, no guar gum version. Simple ingredients and no guar gum.
- New durable packaging! Special offer on case of 12 - Enjoy our amazing introductory price on this Case that includes 12 cans of organic coconut Milk...
- Produced in a facility that only handles coconuts and is gluten free. Please note coconut milk may naturally separate or solidify when cold. You can...
- Single Source Milk
- So Delicious Coconut Milk Beverage - Unsweetened - Case of 12 - 32 Fl oz.
- Gluten Free
- Gluten Free, Grain Free, Soy Free
- Enjoy as a delicious non-dairy alternative in your favorite recipes
- This product is manufactured in United States
- Keto Friendly
- PLANT-BASED FOR LIFE - Experience what many have said is the best coconut milk they've ever had! Creamy and rich. Full of MCTs and rich in Magnesium.
- 0g SUGAR PER SERVING
- BOTTLED FROM THE SOURCE- Our coconut milk is produced at the source in remote coconut regions of Southeast Asia. This means less ingredients, minimal...
- ORGANIC - Non-dairy, soy-free, non-gmo, vegan, gluten-free, trans-fat free, paleo-friendly, kosher, non-artificial, non-pesticidal, non-hormonal,...
- QUALITY, TRANSPARENCY, SUSTAINABILITY - No chemicals. No artificial irrigation. Not a sprinkler in sight. Here, coconuts have been growing and...
- THE DELICIOUS TASTE OF SIMPLICITY: Our coconutmilk tastes great on its own, poured over cereal, or as a substitute for dairy milk in your favorite...
- GREAT FOR DAIRY-FREE LIFESTYLES: Plant-based beverage is dairy-, lactose-, soy-, and gluten-free
- CERTIFIED VEGAN AND NON-GMO PROJECT VERIFIED: No artificial flavors or colors, hydrogenated oils, soy, added MSG, or trans fat
- GOES GREAT WITH YOUR FAVORITE RECIPES: Substitute for dairy milk in any recipe at a one-for-one ratio
- SHELF STABLE: Available in aseptic packaging for convenient, non-refrigerated storage