As you can guess by the name, undermount sinks sit under the counter. The edges of the sink are beneath your countertop. This means that you get more counter space with undermount sinks. The best undermount kitchen sinks will highlight your counter and create attractive lines in your kitchen.
It is also to clean up because you can slide the food and liquid messes right into the sink. Cleaning is a bit of a pickle with overmount sinks because there is a slight lip due to the edges of the sink. Undermount sinks are also deeper than other sinks, which are suitable for cleaning large pots and pans.
Although you should make sure that your countertop can take the weight of an undermount sink. Also, make sure that the countertop is non-porous or water-resistant like granite. When installed properly, the undermount sink will give your kitchen a sleek and attractive look. It has great looks and many uses and it is the better choice.
Undermount sinks allow you to place the faucet anywhere you want. There will be no pre-existing holes so the sink configuration will not matter. They offer more counter space and enhance the aesthetics of your kitchen. Undermount sinks have great designs and have become a luxury that is affordable for everyone.
Table of Contents
- Best Undermount Kitchen Sink Reviews
- Best Undermount Kitchen Sink – Buying Guide
- Frequently asked questions
Best Undermount Kitchen Sink Reviews
Let us review some of the best undermount kitchen sinks available so that you can make a good and informed choice.
1. Kraus KHU100-30 kitchen sink
This is a well-rated and highly popular sink made from stainless steel with a satin finish. It has a remarkable 16-gauge construction which is dent-resistant and provides high durability. The real 16-gauge is the thickest metal and will never chip or break. Stainless less is not prone to any spots so it can be maintained easily.
The outer coating protects the sink from rust and corrosion. It is equipped with an advanced NoiseDefend soundproofing technology with thick pads covering 80% of the sink to absorb most of the sound and vibrations. It is also undercoated with a non-toxic sound guard. The sound barrier provides improved insulation and kills any extra noise.
This large kitchen sink has a depth of 10 inches and it can easily fit large piles of dishes and big sized utensils. This is the best undermount kitchen sinks. It has rounded corners for easy cleaning. There are specially engineered grooves for complete water drainage. The base is gently sloped so that the water does not collect between dishes and the optimized angle prevents any glassware from falling when placed in the sink.
- It provides a lifetime limited warranty and exceptional customer service.
- It comes with accessories like a kitchen towel, a bottom grid, and a basket strainer.
- The basket strainer works with garbage disposal also.
- The protective coating prevents condensation build-up.
- It requires a minimum cabinet size of 33 inches for proper installation.
2. Sarlai 16 gauge kitchen sink
This is not just a sink, this is a workstation. It comes with so many accessories that will serve all of your purposes. It includes a cutting board made from mahogany hardwood that covers the same width as the sink. It is very sturdy and not susceptible to cracks. It comes with a stainless steel colander that is ideal for washing and drying fruits and vegetables. Another accessory is a roll-up rack that is made from stainless steel bars and a flexible silicone frame.
You can easily fold it and store it. It can be spread over the sink and you keep the clean dishes on it to dry. It is very strong and can hold heavy pots and pans. It also consists of a stainless steel bottom grate to avoid any scratches on the sink and it acts likes a drying rack for washed dishes. It also has a high-quality stainless strainer with a cover to fill water in the sink. It works fine with garbage disposal also. The 32-inch best undermount kitchen sinks are made from stainless steel and real 16-gauge metal for longer durability and toughness.
- It is dent-resistant and prevents rusting and corrosion.
- It provides limited lifetime maintenance.
- The X shaped grooves ensure full water drainage.
- It’s equipped with extra tick pads to absorb noise from waste disposal and dishwashing.
- The paint coating prevents condensation build-up and prevents the cabinets from getting damaged.
3. Blanco 440195 kitchen sink
This is a white colored sink that is made from granite composite material. It is 33.5 inches long and 22 inches wide. It has a depth of 9.5 inches and it is designed to fit in a cabinet that is at least 36 inches wide. It is a large bowl with high capacity. It has ample space for cleaning and rinsing the dishes. It can be installed as a drop-in or undermount.
The package includes installation clips. The other accessories like a grid and a cutting board are optional. This model has been tested for scratches and passed with flying colors! You can load knives, dishes, pans, and pots, and it will not scratch or stain the sink. The sink is highly durable and looks as good as new even after years of installation.
It has a smooth surface that is easy to clean. It means there are no mold growth and no damage to the granite material. You don’t have to worry about keeping hot utensils in the sink because this sink is heat resistant. The surface is non-porous and prevents any stains or spots.
- It is backed by a limited lifetime warranty.
- It is dirt-resistant and prevents any water build-up.
- The granite sink is the perfect combination of design and function.
- It has a matte finish and looks beautiful.
- This is the best white undermount kitchen sink.
4. Zuhne double bowl kitchen sink
This sink has a double bowl configuration. One part has 60% of the space and the other has 40% space. You can also get it in a 50/50 configuration. It contains various accessories. The scratch guard bottom grate prevents scratches from dishes.
You can also keep large utensils on it for drying. It has two sets of drain strainers with stoppers for both sinks. It also has two sets of food colander set to wash fruits and vegetables. It includes other things like a stainless sink caddy with suction and mounting brackets for installation. All these amazing accessories will turn your sink into a workstation and it will save a lot of space. This is the best undermount double kitchen sink. It is manufactured from stainless steel and 100% pure 16-gauge metal which is 1.5 mm thick. The stainless steel is specially designed to be rust and corrosion-resistant.
Stainless steel is a very durable material but it can still get scratches so use the bottom grate to avoid that. It has curved corners for easy cleaning and maintenance. The sink has specially engineered X shaped grooves in all four directions for easy drainage of water. It does not let any water to collect between dishes. The basin is extra deep for accommodating large pots and pans. It will blend in naturally in your kitchen and keep it modern.
- It has a brushes stainless steel finish.
- It has a lifetime warranty.
- It provides 2.5 times better sound insulation and effectively cancels noise.
- It works with any waste disposer.
- It is made from non-toxic and lead-free materials to ensure the safety of your family.
5. Elkay quartz classic undermount sink
This is a large-sized single bowl undermount sink. It comes in many colors that will go great with any countertop. You can get any color to match your style and décor. The undivided space is big enough to stack dishes and gives you ample space to wash large pots and pans. The sink is made out of 9 mm thick quartz composite material.
The sink is exceptionally large with a length of 33 inches and a width of 26.75 inches. It is 16.06 inches deep. This sink has high durability and strength. The fine quartz material does not get chipped or cracked. The material does not get damaged from hot pans. It is heat-resistant and it is designed to bear temperatures up to 535o Fahrenheit.
The silky and non-porous surface prevents food and liquid from sticking to the surface. This ensures complete hygiene and prevents the growth of bacteria or mold. The clean-up takes only 30 seconds a day, all you need is a damp cloth and soap water. It will stay spot-free for a long time. It is also less prone to scratches. You can fit any drainer and it will work well with waste disposers also.
- All the colors are vibrant and have UV-stable resins.
- The thick material is naturally noise-resistant.
- There is a downward slope at the base for proper drainage.
- You need to have a 36 inches wide cabinet to install this sink.
- There are no hard water stains on the sink surface.
6. Ruvati 32-inch undermount kitchen sink
This is a 32-inch wide kitchen sink with a depth of 10 inches. It is deep enough for you to stack a high pile of dishes or large pots. It requires a 36-inch wide cabinet for installation. This sink has remarkable craftsmanship. It is made from premium grade stainless steel and 16 gauge metal. The stainless steel hides any scratches and matches with the utensils. It has a luxurious and commercial grade brushed satin finish.
It is very clean, and the rounded bowl structure furthermore eases the task. The base is slightly downward sloped for complete drainage. There is a bottom rinse grid included with the sink. It fits the whole sink and prevents any scratches or spots on the surface. You can keep utensils on it to dry after cleaning. A basket strainer also comes with it, which requires assembly.
The strainer will collect food crumbs that you can easily dispose of in the trash. The standard drain opening is 3.5 inches which will fit any garbage disposal system. It is UPC certified by the IAPMO and complies with the plumbing standards of ANSI and CSA. Ruvati has excellent customer service and you can directly contact if you need any replacements or spare parts.
- It comes with a lifetime warranty.
- It has heavy-duty sound guard padding for noise cancellation.
- This is the best undermount kitchen sinks for granite countertops.
- The paint undercoating provides thermal insulation.
- There is no formation of water spots or stains from foods.
7. Kraus KWY110-30 kore sink
This is an undermount workstation by Kraus. It has a spacious single bowl which is 30 inches wide. You will need a 33 inches wide cabinet to fit it. It has a high capacity and plenty of room to store large utensils and dishes. It comes with various accessories that fit over the sink ledge and does not occupy any counter space. You can just slide them on the integrated ledge and turn your sink into a workstation.
It comes with a chopping board for chopping and slicing. It is made from non-porous bamboo, which is highly resilient and does not warp or crack. It also resists odor and bacteria. There is also a roll-up rack that is made from stainless steel and is coated with food-safe silicone. You can dry dishes on it and also keep hot dishes on it to protect the sink. The stainless steel grid can be used as a drying rack. It is supported by soft bumpers that protect the sink from scratches and dents.
The off-set strainer collects all the food bits and prevents them from clogging the drainpipe. It also comes with a stainless steel drain cover that blends in with the sink and it has open sides to allow complete drainage. It is made from TRU16 gauge metal which highly resists dents and scratches.
- It comes with various accessories and it has a lifetime limited warranty.
- This is the best undermount kitchen sinks for quartz countertops.
- It has extra thick rubber padding to absorb sound and vibrations.
- The protective undercoating creates a barrier against moisture and prevents the growth of bacteria or mold.
- It has a sloped bottom for easy draining.
Best Undermount Kitchen Sink – Buying Guide
Undermount sinks have many advantages but let us look at some things to consider before you buy the best undermount kitchen sinks for you.
Factors to consider about best undermount kitchen sink
- Material- best undermount kitchen sinks come in different materials and there are a lot of options to choose from. Few materials are stainless steel, granite, cast iron, porcelain, marble, etc. The material of the sink should depend upon how much use you are going to get out of it. The most durable kitchen sinks are made from stainless steel. It does not stain and is easy to clean. Porcelain, however, is prone to stains and requires more frequent cleaning. Granite sinks may chip from the edges if used heavily. So, choose your sink material wisely!
- Size- The size of the sink depends upon how much counter space you have. You should also take the amount of usage into consideration. If you are an avid cook, then go for a bigger sink. But if you do not use the sink much and don’t have many dishes to clean then a smaller sink will also work for you. All the best undermount kitchen sinks come in standard sizes to suit every purpose. Also, think about the depth of the sink. A deeper sink will easily accommodate larger utensils. Think about the overall size of your kitchen and then choose a size.
- Single or double bowl- Whether you should get a single or a double bowl sink depends on your needs. Consider your style of cooking and cleaning and then decide. Some people find it useful to have a divider in between their sink. You can keep the dirty dishes in one sink and leave the other sink empty for other purposes. You can also use one sink for washing and the other for rinsing. Although, if you entertain large parties and have a large pile of dirty dishes then it is better to have one big sink rather than dividing the space.
- Quality- Keep in mind that looks are not everything. Your sink may look shiny and fancy but if it does not meet your requirements then it is a waste of your money and time. There are many fake knock-offs available so you need to carefully inspect each model. It is better to buy a sink from reputable brands like Kraus and Elkay. These brands have remarkable reviews and the testimony of many customers to prove that they sell good quality products. All the best undermount kitchen sinks have been tested thoroughly and proven that they are worth every penny.
Design- The interior of your kitchen will make you choose an undermount kitchen sink accordingly. You obviously want all possible kitchen accessories, tools, and equipment to complement your décor. And that too for a long period.
The whole kitchen should look complete and set the mood.
- Budget – There is an undermount sink for every pocket and every budget. So, don’t panic! And don’t spend extra unless you get something pretty exceptional. You get really good deals online and offline during occasional sales.
Granite sinks are more expensive in comparison to stainless-steel sinks.
If you want a custom-made sink to match your kitchen décor then you are surely looking for the granite undermount kitchen sink.
Even the best stainless-steel kitchen sink will clatter. So, skip on sound insulation ones as they will cost more.
Now that you have a general idea about how to get the best undermount kitchen sink for your countertop. Here is our list that will help you get the best in the market currently.
- Maintenance – Your kitchen sink will last a lifetime if it is easy to maintain. The cleaning process should not seem like work to you and should be effortless. Therefore, choose the construction material accordingly.
- Sound Insulation – The best undermount kitchen sinks are uniquely designed to reduce the clutter in your kitchen. This clattering noise can ruin the vibe after a tiring day of work. And this especially happens if you own a stainless-steel sink. But with properly insulated materials used in the sink, the clatter can be significantly reduced.
- The Number of Bowls – If you love multi-tasking in the kitchen then you will absolutely go for a double-bowl under-mount sink. The division makes the sink all the more organized.
With a single-bowl sink, you will use up space on the counter. And you obviously know how messy that can get!
You can easily find suitable kitchen sink proportions. The standard sink has a 50/50 distribution. Another popular choice nowadays is the 70/30 proportion. Cook and clean as you like!
Triple-bowl kitchen sinks are usually a professional choice. However, single-bowl kitchen sinks are a budget-friendly choice.
- Faucet Placement – The faucets of the sink are going to be mounted on the wall behind the undermount sink. For this reason, you need to make sure you leave adequate space between.
You also need to install the faucet according to the depth and dimension of your undermount sink.
Frequently asked questions
1. Who makes the best undermount kitchen sinks?
Kraus KHU100-300 makes the best undermount kitchen sinks. It has a lifetime limited warranty. Its walls are thickly padded for absorbing vibrations and the protective undercoating prevents condensation build-up. It also comes with various accessories.
2. What is the best brand of kitchen sink to buy?
Kraus, Elkay, and Ruvati are some of the best and most trusted brands out there. They produce versatile sinks with advanced technology. All these brands offer a warranty and various accessories to go with the sink. You cannot go wrong with any of these brands.
3. Are under-mount sinks better?
Undermount sinks go under the counter, that way your counter is highlighted and you get more space. It is the more efficient choice in terms of cleaning because you can directly slide the food or liquid in the sink. You need to be careful while installing the best undermount kitchen sinks.
4. What is the most durable kitchen sink?
The most durable material is stainless steel. It is the most resilient and sturdy material. Stainless steel sinks are easier to clean. They repel dust and do not let any stains or spots to form. They are also rust and corrosion-resistant. They have a shine to them and they work well with all countertops.
Check out some other picks from Amazon also:
- WORKSTATION kitchen sink with single tier track, ladder shape as a track for sliding the built-in accessories, overhanging the drying racks( made by...
- Industrial grade lead-free genuine 16 GAUGE Premium SUS304 Stainless Steel avoid most stain or rust. Commercial grade brushed finish, hide scratches,...
- MENSARJOR used Ultra quiet designs with thicker & softer Rubber Noise Reduction Pads. Anti-condensation Thickening Noise Reduction Coating, absorb...
- WORRY-FREE CHIOCE: Multiple installation ways,including mounting hardware, pamphlets and installation guidance, Multi-functional stainless steel dish...
- LIFETIME WARRANTY and customer service that puts you first. Min Cabinet Size: 33”. Outer Sink Dimensions: 30'' x 19'' x 10''. Interior: 28'' x 17''...
- CHEF GRADE SINK SET Cook, clean and entertain like a pro with food-safe accessories that eliminate clutter and provide workstation functionality; 10...
- INDESCTRUCTIBLE RUST-PROOF T304 STAINLESS Toss heavy iron casts or hot pans without worrying about dent or damage; Uniform 16 gauge top to bottom for...
- QUIETEST SINK GLOBALLY Cancel noise and vibration with 2.5x better noise and thermal insulation than any other brand; Protect your expensive cabinets...
- BLENDS WITH MODERN DECOR Same premium brushed stainless as high end appliances; R10 tight radius corners for sleek aesthetics and easy maintenance;...
- SAFEST CHOICE Certified to US and Canada codes with lead-free parts and daily product support from US call center; We are BBB A+ rated and Inc5000...
- TIMELESS APPEAL of a cast iron sinks without the massive weight; RESILIENT STAINLESS STEEL CORE is 65% lighter than cast iron for easy installation....
- DEEP AND SPACIOUS SINK: High-capacity sink is perfect for soaking and washing stacks of dishes, comfortably fits your largest cookware; Undermount...
- SUPERIOR SOUNDPROOFING TECHNOLOGY: Noise Defend features extra-thick rubber padding with a protective foil layer to absorb noise and vibration,...
- ENGINEERED FOR EASY DRAINING: Gently sloped bottom prevents standing water in the sink, with an optimized angle to stop glassware from tipping over....
- DIMENSIONS: 23 in. L x 17 1/2 in. W x 9 in. D; Minimum Cabinet Size: 27 inches – LIFETIME LIMITED so that you’re getting a sink you can count on...
- 80% solid granite
- Required outside cabinet: 36 inch
- Divider height: 6 inch from bowl bottom
- Bowl depths are 10 inch
- Limited lifetime
- Kitchen set includes sink (32 in X 19 in X 10 in ) custom-fit bottom grid (X2) drain assembly (X2) cappro decorative drain cover (X2) Kraus kitchen...
- Ultra-slim low divider takes up less space and prevents overflow onto your kitchen counter offers the openness of a single bowl sink with extra...
- Tight-radius corners designed for easy cleaning and a modern look engineered for easy draining with Off-set drain opening and channel grooves to keep...
- Dent-resistant sink made with durable Tru16 real 16-gauge T304 Stainless steel that will not dull from daily use – fully insulated with extra-thick...
- Under mount design creates a seamless transition from sink to countertop and makes it easy to wipe water and crumbs straight into the sink minimum...
- BRASS TONE MATTE GOLD finish - matches your trendy Gold or Brass colored hardware and fixtures. | UNDERMOUNT Installation.
- Sink is constructed of thick 16 GAUGE T-304 Grade Stainless Steel that will NEVER RUST or tarnish. The COLORED FINISH is applied as an outer layer...
- MATTE texture adds to the beauty of the finish, and RESISTS FINGERPRINTS or stains. | Heavy duty SOUND PROOF UNDERCOATING and THICK RUBBER PADDING.
- MATCHING COLOR (Matte Gold) BASKET STRAINER drain assembly included. [Note: Basket strainer only works with standard plumbing. If installing a garbage...
- Exterior DIMENSIONS: 33" (wide) x 19" (front-to-back), Interior bowl dimensions: 31" (wide) x 17" (front-to-back) x 9" (bowl-depth). MINIMUM BASE...
- Outer sink Dimensions: 32.875 L x 19 w x 9 D Inches
- Minimum cabinet size: 36 Inches left to right/24 Inches front to back
- Undermount installation: sink installs beneath countertop for a seamless, streamlined look that makes cleaning your counters easy
- Kraus exclusive drainassure waterway: ground breaking waterway engineered to channel water directly into the drain, even with dishes in the sink, so...
- Radiant Pearl Finish: durable and lustrous finish is a perfect match for your stainless steel appliances, leaving you with a long lasting shine that...
- INDUSTRIAL LEVEL PREMIUM STAINLESS STEEL: Handcrafted TORVA kitchen sinks utilizing 16 Gauge (1.5 mm thick) T304 stainless steel for the superior...
- WHOLE NEW DESIGN OF THE BOWL: Upgraded 32 inches width 10-inch deep basin, allows you to clean all your cookware and bakeware. Undermount installation...
- FREE ACCESSORIES: All in one Kit: Stainless Steel Bottom Grill protects the sink's surface, and Stainless-steel Simple line Drain Tray which slides on...
- SOUND DAMPENING: To create a quieter kitchen environment, soundproofing pads have been added to the bottom of all our stainless steel sink models to...
- INTEGRATED with HIGH TECHNOLOGY: Multiple soundproofing panels and paint have been utilized to absorb the noise of draining water. Additional layer...