I love pasta so much. Any kind of pasta will always make my tummy full and satisfied. If you are a pasta lover like me, have you ever wondered making your own?
I have seen the best pasta roller one day during a pasta manufacturing tour with my classmates in culinary school.
I happen to watch how to make a lasagna during the educational trip and to think about it really fascinates me. I have tried searching for a pasta machine that is ideal for starters and is just perfect to use at home.
My obsession with having one in my kitchen inspires me to learn about the different brands that top the market currently. One day, I will buy one; and whether some says it is not practical to own a pasta machine, a dream will always be one when not realized.
If you are also hoping to make your own pasta, then my list for the best pasta roller may help you find what you need to pick. Are you ready?
Table of Contents
- The Best Pasta Makers According To Pasta Experts
- What is a Pasta Roller?
- How to use a pasta roller?
- Types of Pasta Roller: Manual, Automatic, or Both?
- What are the factors that you need to consider when buying your best pasta rollers?
The Best Pasta Makers According To Pasta Experts
How did I come up with my priority list? Know that the models that I found are the best basing from the optimistic reviews of users, sellers, and distributors worldwide.
Known pasta makers around recommend some of these brands. Besides, the manufacturers test to be stable and reliable in their field. Take a pick!
1. Kitchenaid KPRA Pasta Roller
First, this pasta roller is compatible with any Kitchenaid stand mixer and does not only function as a roller but as a cutter as well. The all-metal housing unit does not only roll the dough but also cut it into spaghetti, linguine, and fettuccine noodles.
Use the roller to make sheets of pasta in your desired thickness and cut it out to your preference.
The roller is approximately 5 ½” wide. The three-piece model contains the pasta roller, spaghetti cutter, and the fettuccine cutter. They all come as separate attachments, and each one measures approximately 8” x 3”.
The product includes a wooden cleaning brush and toothpicks upon purchase and guarantees a one-year warranty.
Besides, the package also contains manual, recipes, and cooking tips. You may find cleaning the attachments a bit difficult since you cannot wash and submerge it in water and you must try to remove all remaining pasta stuck inside.
In addition, just in case you want to know, KPRA means “Kitchen Pasta Roller Attachment.”
2. Marcato 1820 Pasta Machine
Also made in Italy, the Marcato pasta machine is not only a pasta roller but at the same time a pasta cutter too. It has a hand crank and goes with clear instructions as well. This unique Atlas pasta machine is famous worldwide in rolling and cutting traditional pasta for decades. The whole unit consists of the pasta machine roller, hand crank, pasta cutter, and a clamp.
This model easily makes three pasta shapes (lasagna, fettuccine, Taglioni) and easily attaches to a pasta drive motor or any of the twelve pasta-cutting accessories that are available separately.
The pasta roller can roll dough up to 150 mm wide with 10 mm thickness. The machine ensures rolling a dough resulting in a consistent texture, cook time, and taste. The handle allows faster making of the dough and is adjustable to ten positions making it convenient to change the thickness of the pasta.
As Cook Illustrated names this model as the “Ferrari of all pasta machines”, it must have been worth its praise. Wipe the unit with a clean cloth and brush when cleaning. Remember that this includes a ten-year warranty upon purchase.
3. Kitchenaid KSMPRA Pasta Machine Set
Kitchenaid pasta machine is not only a pasta roller but also a pasta cutter as well. The three-piece pasta set powers and is compatible with any Kitchenad stand mixers.
The unit’s rollers and cutters are of stainless steel material for smooth rolling and clean cutting pasta dough. The pasta roller flattens pasta dough into six inches sheets with a thickness that you can choose from eight different settings.
The spaghetti cutter, on the other hand, cuts pasta sheets into classic spaghetti noodles as well as the fettuccine cutter cuts the dough sheets into fettuccine noodles.
Lastly, each cutter attachment weighs approximately two pounds each. The whole set includes the pasta roller, fettuccine, and spaghetti cutters, and the cleaning brush. In comparison, KSMPRA is a roundish model while the KPRA model is square shape in style.
Moreover, guess what; it comes with a recipe book too!
4. Imperia Model 150 Pasta Maker Machine
The Imperia pasta maker machine is a sturdy and heavy-duty, shiny, chrome-plated steel construction unit with an easy lock dial and wood grip handle that easily cranks the dough.
The pasta machine has a traditional pasta roller that enables you to make the freshest pasta at home. Model 150 consists of a roller that measures up to six inches in width with a double cutter head that makes thin spaghetti and wide fettuccine noodles.
Indeed Imperia is famous for its high-quality pasta machines that are user-friendly. It has sturdy solid steel, sheet feeder, and wooden handle and a robust, steadfast table clamp.
Now you can make your homemade pasta with preferred thickness and consistency. Approximate weight of the whole machine is five to ten pounds.
In addition, as a plus, every Imperia unit comes with a gift box, an instruction booklet, and a pasta recipe book. Lastly, it covers a five-year pasta machine guarantee.
5. OxGord Pasta Maker Machine
This pasta maker machine, hand crank is both a pasta roller and a cutter. A favorite homemade pasta maker, it is an expert in making fresh spaghetti Alfredo, linguine, and Angel hair pasta.
The model construction is of stainless steel rollers and blades that are at last dishwasher safe and easy to clean. The easy click adjustable dial allows you to set the dough thickness into nine different dimensions.
The pasta maker consists of three blade attachments that can create three different types of pasta noodles. Including in the package is an easy crank handle that you can remove for storage.
For easy mounting, the unit already has pre-drilled holes for clamping to your kitchen tops or work area. Lastly, OxGord offers a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee upon purchase wherein when you are not satisfied with the product, they give you a full refund.
What is a Pasta Roller?
If you are not familiar with a pasta roller, then maybe you love to buy ready-made pasta rather than make them. A pasta roller is a simple machine that makes pasta. Just slip your dough in the roller, turn the handle, and you got yourself a flattened dough with the thickness that you have set. The rollers usually have a clamp that you attach on your workspace for security and may have certain attachments for various additional functions.
Basic components for a pasta roller are the roller and the clamp. You may find some attachments and a motor if it is the electric type.
How to use a pasta roller?
It would be fun when you see an actual pasta-making machine. It is astonishing to see the pasta dough come out thin and smooth. Watch this!
Types of Pasta Roller: Manual, Automatic, or Both?
I could not dictate what you want for a pasta roller. However, I may help you decide after reading my buying guide. What comes into your mind? Will a manual roller be enough for you?
An automatic machine may come in without challenge, but both manual and automatic may raise your interest. Check out their difference.
Manual Pasta Roller
Do you know that those legendary chefs who love to make their own pasta choose a manual pasta roller? They said that when making pasta manually, they have full control of how the pasta product should come out to be. Try watching an old movie (especially Italian), and most of the time, you will see someone creating pasta with passion manually. Notice that the pasta roller has a hand crank and a handle that you can adjust according to how thick you want your pasta should be.
I get it that the challenge of using a manual pasta roller could be rewarding considering that you have spent a lot of time and effort during the creation. Can you imagine the folding and the rolling of the dough using the machine several times, while one hand with the dough and the other one holding the machine handle? You wish have multiple hands! Oh well, in all honesty, I would need lots and lots of practice to be able to do that and enough space to do the job.
Let me point out to you the disadvantages of choosing a manual machine:
- You need a tremendous amount of effort to finish your pasta.
- You need to spare enough time for one batch.
- You cannot just go ahead make one. You need plenty of practice.
- Space is a big factor. Look for a place large enough to accommodate your machine.
- A manual pasta roller may only offer to roll the dough. An automatic machine features multiple functions.
Do not be discouraged from reading a long list of disadvantages. Manual pasta rollers are durable enough to last a lifetime. Take good care of it, and your grandchildren can still make use of it. Many may have switched from traditional manual pasta rollers to the modern choices, but one thing is for sure; manual pasta rollers will always be less expensive than the automatic ones.
Automatic Pasta Roller
I am sure that you have seen many automatic pasta machines around. It is given that automatic machines can make our life easier by offering accurate production of pasta, lesser time, and effort. Available choices in the market are amazingly flexible that it can produce different types of pasta in a short time and even mix and knead the dough beforehand. All you need to do is watch it work and catch the finished pasta after.
- Make pasta in minutes.
- Multifunctional: Can mix and knead the dough; can create different types of pasta
- Easier to clean than manual types and may have parts that are dishwasher friendly.
Are you wondering about its downside? Of course, automatic pasta rollers/machines are usually excessively expensive comparing to manual types. However, considering the advantages that it can give, I guess the price is not of a concern here. It should be worth the cost.
Semi-Automatic Pasta Rollers
Do you want to upgrade your manual pasta machines? Manufacturers now offer optional motors so the machine can work without the manual use of handles and cranking. Do you think this is practical?
What are the factors that you need to consider when buying your best pasta rollers?
- When you decide on manual machines, make sure that it is easy to install in your countertop, table, or any workplace. The clamp should be firm in its place when attached. If it is wobbly, it would be difficult for you to control and will delay your progress.
- Check out the existing optional attachments offered by the manufacturer. See what you think will be convenient for you.
- You have to choose whether you need a simple auto machine or a versatile one. Plenty of models range from the simplest form to the most complicated units that can offer multiple functions. Pick one that serves your need.
- Durability is vital in choosing an automatic pasta roller. I suggest searching for user reviews. You will find some information that might help you.
- Size and speed of the pasta roller. The size of the machine is important especially when you have limited space. Consider the area of your workplace and match it with the size of the machine that you like to buy.
The speed of the machine is also essential especially when you need the product for business purposes. The faster the machine works, the more productive you will be every day.
Other factors that you need to consider:
- Easy to clean: Truthfully, you need to clean a pasta roller big time. If you are not fond of cleaning, you may think twice before buying one. However, you can at least choose the type of pasta roller that you see easier to clean.
- Thickness adjustment: Choose the unit that is easy to adjust the thickness.
- Clamp: A sturdy and secure clamp is vital when using a pasta machine. Make sure that you pick the model that is safe to use.
Now, have you finally decided whether buying your best pasta roller is an advantage or not? Well, one thing is for sure, if you love pasta, it could be practical to learn how to make it yourself.
The cost is not that much when you think of the fun and investment that you made. For me, I would like to make fresh pasta for my family’s need.
I choose my machines according to my need, convenience, comfort, and budget. Moreover, when I tend to buy my pick, I have to keep in mind the factors that I stated in my buying guide. How about you?
Check more pasta makers available on Amazon:
- 🍲【FOODS GRADE MATERIAL & CLEANING METHOD】 Tired of those pasta machines that smell of metal or plastic? Sailnovo pasta machine is made of...
- 🍜【7 ADJUSTABLE THICKNESS SETTINGS】Pasta Maker customized adjustment knob with 7 thickness dough roller settings allows you to choose the...
- 🍝【DIFFERENT WIDTH SETTINGS SUIT VARIOUS PASTA】Choose different pasta with your mood at this moment! A specific cutting machine makes the pasta...
- ✌【PERFECT GIFT FOR FRIENDS】Manual Pasta Maker is very suitable as a gift for friends. Making fresh pasta is a very rewarding activity. Both the...
- 🎁【CUSTOMER SERVICE & QUALITY GUARANTEEE】Sailnovo Pasta maker is supplied with an English manual. We recommend you read the instructions before...
- HIGHLY RECOMMEND - We provide the high-quality PASTA maker attachments for KitchenAid stand mixers, compatible with ALL KitchenAid Stand Mixer...
- NEW EXPERIENCE - This PASTA maker attachment provides a brand new PASTA making experience. We have created a new 3-in-1 PASTA maker attachment that...
- MORE ADVANTAGES - This is a multifunctional 3-in-1 pasta attachments set,, including PASTA Sheet Roller, Spaghetti Cutter, Fettuccine Cutter Maker...
- BETTER CHOICE - If you need a PASTA maker attachment for your KitchenAid stand mixers. We will provide your a better choose - 3 in 1 PASTA maker...
- BIGGER SURPRISE - If you need to clean it, a cleaning brush that came with it can help you a lot. Compared to other similar products, they can't open...
- Full-cycle pasta machine makes 3 pounds of pasta in about 20 minutes
- Safety function requires the mixing bowl and cover be in place for operation
- 300-watt motor; overheat protection with auto shut-off; UL-listed
- 8 different pasta discs, user manual, and 38 recipes included
- Measures 12 by 8 by 11-1/2 inches; 1-year limited warranty
- EXCEPTIONAL DESIGN: Compact design–Mixes, kneads and extrudes up to one pound of fresh pasta in 20 minutes or mix and knead up to one pound of bread...
- INCLUDES: Six pasta disc- spaghetti, rigatoni, small macaroni, fettuccine and bucatini. Flour and liquid measuring cups, storage drawer and bag,...
- LIMITED 3-YEAR WARRANTY: Refer to user manual for troubleshooting steps and questions surrounding warranty policies – this product is BPA free
- 【Premium Material & WELLNESS】Preoin's pasta maker is constructed with heavy duty titanium steel plated, it is durable and sturdy, easy to use and...
- 【Simple Installation】Both the pasta roller and cutting blade of the manual pasta machine have manual handle crank, it simplify the job of making...
- 【Wide Application】With two different widths (2-4mm) blades, you can create different pasta dishes that meet your needs, such as fresh tagliatelle,...
- 【Adjustable Thickness Settings】 The pasta maker machine comes with 8 customized adjustable thickness settings and 2 width choose for making...
- 【Non-Slip Base】Equipped with a non-slip rubber base of the pasta cutter, and the bench clamp not only hold a secure grip firmly to a tabletop or...
- PASTA ATTACHMENT FOR KITCHENAID MIXER : Pasta maker attachment special design for all Kitchenaid Stand Mixers, with 3 pieces kitchenaid pasta rollar...
- STAINLESS STEEL OF KITCHENAID PASTA ATTACHMENT : Kitchen aid pasta maker attachment are made of 304 food-grade commercial Stainless Steel design,...
- ADJUSTABLE PASTA ATTACHMENT FOR KITCHENAID STAND MIXER : This kitchenaid pasta attachment can be adjusted in 8 thicknesses (0.4mm-2mm or 0.016 to 0.08...
- SAVE YOUR TIME WITH KITCHENAID PASTA ATTACHMENT : The pasta attachment Powered by Kitchenaid stand mixer, to work as a professional kitchenaid pasta...
- EASY TO USE & CLEAN : InnoMoon with over 10 years of professional design and manufacturing experience on stand mixers, these pasta attachment for...
- AUTHENTIC AND TASTY: A smooth roller gives pasta a consistent texture every time; No more squeezing and tearing dough, as with automatic pasta...
- ADJUSTABLE THICKNESS SETTINGS: Regulating knob with 7 settings allows you to choose the thickness of your dough sheet; Change the texture and taste of...
- 2 WIDTHS OF NOODLES: Using its unique cutter, pasta sheets can be cut with one of 2 widths－2 or 4 mm (0.07 in or 0.15 in); Perfect for making...
- UNMATCHED QUALITY: Its pasta rollers and pasta cutter are made of high-quality and non-toxic materials, thus guaranteeing its safety and durability;...
- EASY TO CLEAN: the tray can remove to clean and store; with cleaning brush, its pasta rollers and pasta cutter can keep the machine bacteria-free and...
- 🍝【Fresh Homemade Pasta】– I will start by explaining why you should choose to make your own pasta. Well, the answer is pretty simple: Because...
- 🍜【High Quality Stainless Steel Type 430】 – For our products we use only high quality materials, this type contains 17% chromium and 0.12%...
- 🥟【Two Accessories】 - With this you can make Spaghetti Fettuccine and Ravioli that will diversify your meals. The cutter is 150 mm wide and it...
- 🍲【Adjustable Dough Thickness】 - The 9 positions adjustment knob makes it easy to determine the thickness of your pasta, which is important for...
- 📖【Digital Instruction Manual】 – If you buy our product we promise you that we deliver all the information you need to make great pasta and...
- Upgrade 3-in-1 Combo: Make better pasta today! This 3-in-1 pasta attachment fits all KitchenAid Stand Mixers! With 3 functions (Pasta Roller,...
- Efficient & Convenient: Thanks to the 3 in 1 design, making homemade spaghetti has never been easier and faster! Just roll the dough and put the pasta...
- Premium Material: Who says kitchen accessories can't be nice? Crafted from food grade stainless steel and high quality ABS plastic, this pasta maker...
- Quick Cleanup & Assembly: Spend less time cleaning and more time cooking! Rinse the attachment with water and use the included brush for easier...
- Deluxe, Complete Gift: Each set comes with 1 pasta maker attachment, 1 pasta drying pack, 1 dough rolling mat, and 1 cleaning brush. From kneading...