Baking is indeed one of the best healing mechanisms that not only take away your stress but is also one of the most fun activities around. If you are opening a small baking business from home or are just willing to kickstart your baking hobby and serve cookies to your loved ones, this article is definitely for you.
In this article, we underline the top, best-reviewed ovens that offer the best results in terms of heating and temperature control. We also look at the auto cook options that each of these ovens provides and analyze WHY they are better than the other ovens being sold in the market as of now.
Table of Contents
- Best Countertop Oven for Baking Cakes
- Buyer’s Guide
Best Countertop Oven for Baking Cakes
1. Panasonic FlashXpress Oven
If you are on the lookout for an oven that cooks faster than the average oven, this is just the oven for you. Not only does this Panasonic model have a compact countertop, but it is also installed with enhanced infrared heaters that cook approximately 30% faster than the average convection oven.
Preheating is also not required before you put the food in because of the advanced convection. This makes your baking experience really simple.
Panasonic FlashXpress comes with an inner tray that is square-shaped. If you are looking to prepare pizza, this tray is the right fit for you. The diameter of the tray is measured to be around 9 inches and can fit up to four slices of bread.
It comes with a removable crumb tray which makes the cleaning process really easy. Plus you get a bright and clean interior so that you can keep a watch on your food being cooked.
The oven is fairly easy to operate too. There are 6 preset buttons in the menu section. If you press any of these, the machine calculates the heating time for you and sounds a beep when the food is ready.
- Cooking power of 1300 watts
- Height 4.1 inch and Width 10.2 inch
- Temperature control
- See Through glass door
- Auto cook menu has 6 preset buttons
- Clear interior lighting
2. Breville BOV450XL Mini Smart Oven
You want an oven, but you also want it to be compact so that it fits that small space on your countertop. Don’t worry, we got just what you need! Breville BOV450XL is an ultra-compact mini smart oven which means that its compact-sized design takes the minimum space and fits anywhere easily. Due to its compact nature, this oven is also easily transportable.
It evenly bakes and cooks toasts, pizzas and cookies and gives them a sumptuous texture. The heating system is smart, meaning that it evens out the heat distribution within the cooking cavity. This quality makes the oven extremely precise and stable.
There are 8 preset cooking options available in the menu bar. These adjust the time, heating and temperature inside the oven so you have a lot of baking options.
But as you might be led to believe, the compact design does not stand as a disadvantage. The oven holds an inner tray that is up to 11- inch wide and can hold four slices of bread together. The LCD timer measures the cooking time of the food and is easy to read. The walls of the cooking cavity are non-sticky so you don’t have to worry about making a mess while cleaning.
- Height 10.5 inches and width 17.7 inch
- 8 preset cooking options
- Baking power of 1800 watts
- LCD backlight
- Non-sticky food cavity
3. BLACK+DECKER 02648008504 Countertop Convection Toaster Oven
Convection ovens are renowned for their even heat distribution system. Unlike conventional ovens that do not have fans, these ovens are pre-installed with fans that distribute heat evenly, making it easier for food to be cooked. These are also time-efficient. Black Decker is all of this and more!
Black Decker has been specially optimized to make your home experience of oven cooking and baking as simple as it can be. The cooking functions present in the menu tab stretch up to 8, letting you cook a large variety of food. You can bake, broil, make cookies, pizza, toast, bagel and much more with these options.
It is almost impossible to find an oven that meets all your needs. But Black + Decker is one such oven that is not only spacious but is also budget-friendly. The extensive interior has a two-storeyed rack system and fits trays that are 12 inches wide.
The rack system not only offers more space for extra food but also helps you to determine how much you want to heat the dish. For instance, if you want, you can place the food right below the broiler.
Since this oven comes without any substantial limitations, it is best that you try and figure out what cooking options suit you best by experimenting.
- Non-stick interior
- Easy cleaning
- Two-storey rack system
- 8 auto cook modes
- Convection heater baking
- 12-inches wide
- The crumb tray is removable
4. Oster Countertop Convection Oven
Coming back to comfortable, compact countertop ovens, Oster Countertop is the oven of your dreams! Not only does it provide you with the convenience of countertop cooking, but it also comes with an inbuilt convection system. It distributes heat evenly, paving the way for faster and easier baking.
The large interior design of the Oster gives you a scope for extra added space when you take it out on holidays. You can use up that extra space for baking cakes and cookies for a large number of people.
The oven is big enough to fit two whole pizzas as well as about 16-18 slices of bread, a roast or even a whole rotisserie chicken.
There are two storeys with adjustable trays so you can customize the heat and temperature for your food. Like induction cookers, this oven comes with preset digital options for various food items such as cakes, pizza and toast so you do not need to worry about timing your food. If you are an amateur baker, this is the oven for you.
The auto-shutoff feature lets you know when your food is ready to be taken out of the oven. This feature also saves a lot of energy.
- Countertop convection
- Cooking power of 1500 watts
- Included broiler rack and baking pan
- Fits 18 slices of bread
5. Calphalon Quartz Heat Countertop Toaster Oven
As the name suggests, the Calphalon Toaster Oven comes with a quartz heat system that allows the food to be cooked under 40% more heat. This allows faster and more efficient cooking. The evened out heat makes the food crispy and consistent. The quartz heating system also preheats the interior of the oven before usage, thereby saving a lot of cooking time.
There are cooking options on the menu board that extend up to 11 preset buttons. The oven offers a wide range of options from baking, broiling, roasting, reheating, warming cookies, pizza, bagel and toast. The oven also enables dehydrating!
The internal space is large enough to fit a 12-inch pizza and you can toast 18 slices of bread together.
The smart display of the oven helps in your interaction with the oven in terms of setting temperature and heat control. The innovative LCD helps in tracking the progress of the food being cooked. The backlight enables you to watch over the food.
The dimensions of the interior are 21.5 x 17.8 x 14.7 inches respectively. The exterior is built of stainless steel so as to provide you with an easier scope for cleaning.
It comes with an additional supply of a baking pan, dehydrator rack as well as a pizza tray.
- Large interior
- LCD with high contrast
- Backlighting for a better view
- Stainless steel exterior
- 11 preset options
- Included pizza and baking pans
There are a number of factors that you, as an active consumer, should consider before investing money in an oven that best suits your needs.
The size of your kitchen greatly determines the size of the oven that you need to buy. If you have a small compact space, you will want your oven to be a small-sized countertop oven.
Another factor that needs consideration is the number of members in your family. There is no point in buying a full-sized oven if you only have a nuclear family with 3 to 4 members. The most commonly used oven has a capacity of about 20 to 25 litres.
While you want the best oven for yourself, you need to determine the kind of functions that you would like your microwave to perform. Many ovens can perform a variety of cooking functions that range from 4 to 8 preset cooking functions that are pre-installed in the oven.
If you are in need of a multifunctional oven, you may opt for convection ovens with 8 to11 preset options. These ovens also minimize the need for other cooking accessories because of their multifunctionality.
Some of the best brands in the oven market are IFB, Panasonic, Haier, Godrej, Samsung, Morphy Richards and others alike.
Since these companies are well-trusted by customers, you can rest assured of bringing home the best oven with an extended warranty and satisfactory customer service.
A number of ovens in recent times come with pre-installed auto cooking menys to make it easier for amateur cooks. All you need to do is select the food item and the oven will do its magic, cooking the dish for you. It will adjust the temperature, power and time respectively.
Always read the instructions for these ovens and see the food recipes available for the specific oven you are considering.
As should be evident, the size of the oven greatly determines its power. While smaller ovens have lesser power, they consume lesser watts. This means that the food takes a longer time to get cooked.
However, there is a recent rise of convection ovens with heater fans that allow the heating to even out, thereby allowing the food to be evenly cooked. Convection ovens also help in reducing the cooking time and save a lot of energy.
How do I determine the right baking pan to use in a convection oven?
Regular pans or trays can be used for baking in your convection oven. However, you need to make sure that the container you are using enables proper air circulation. This helps in cooking faster. Make sure that the base of the container is shallow.
Should I use a gas or an electric oven for baking?
A gas oven uses a gas combustion system for heating purposes while an electric oven has electric heating panels attached to the walls of the oven. If you want to choose from these two, a gas oven is more preferable because the heat that it provides is moister than electrical panels. This moisture decreases the chances of your baked food getting dry.
Which is better – conventional or fan baking?
When you are choosing between an oven with a fan or conventional settings, you should opt for conventional since it helps in baking for a steady baking process. Fan based oven enables faster cooking and while it reduces time and energy consumption, it also increases the risks of burnt food. Even if you are considering fan baking, you must drop the temperature below 20°C.
Ovens provide a great way of cooking and preparing a huge variety of food in a given time. Adding to this, these are sturdy, long-lasting kitchen accessories and because of that, a lot of thinking is needed before you buy them. Not all brands are trustworthy, and not all products are reliable for your everyday usage.
Choosing the right brand does not only help you in getting your money’s worth, but you are also likely to be very pleased with the product.
With this article, we hope to have provided you with better knowledge about ovens in general. We have also marked out the best ovens to choose from. However, you should always experiment by yourself to know which oven suits you the best.
Don’t miss the following ovens available on Amazon:
- Multifunctional Convection Oven: Convection oven perfect for Roasting Baking Drying Steaming Defrosting Reheating, widely used to Baking Cookies,...
- Circulation Heating More Evenly: Circulation heating, and the temperature is in the form of convection motion when cooking, which make the food get...
- Intelligent Control For Easy Operating: Take control of your cooking with our convection oven to precisely set your heating temperature from 0 to...
- 63qt/60l-large Capacity: 63Qt/60L capacity is enough to serve 10-15 person family's dining and entertainment needs for steamed the whole fish, roasted...
- Premium Quality With Prompt After Sales Service: Convection oven countertop, consists of stainless steel casing, 4-layer Thickenedf glass door, and...
- 3 IN ONE VERSATILE COOKING FUNCTIONS - This all in one Compact Toaster Oven can Bake Broil and Toast. Fitting all your daily cooking needs
- SPACE SAVER WITH 12L CAPACITY -With a 12L Capacity this oven can fit 12 chicken wings or a 9'' pizza, up to 4 pieces of toasts, 2 steaks, 12 cookies...
- INTUITIVE OPERATION DIALS & DUAL HEATING ELEMENT - 3 easy use dials make it easy to control everything like temperature, cooking modes and cooking...
- EASY-TO-USE BUILT IN TIMER -The 30-Minute-Timer includes precise toast shade preference to get the perfect piece of toast and stay-on feature for...
- 3 USEFUL ACCESSORIES & EASY TO CLEAN – This compact countertop toaster oven comes with 3 accessories: Non-stick Baking Rack, Baking Pan, and...
- 【3 IN ONE VERSATILE COOKING FUNCTIONS】Bake, Broil and a Toast all in a mini compact toaster oven to fit your daily cooking needs.
- 【SPACE SAVER WITH 2 RACK CAPACITY】 The Compact and versatile design of COMFEE' countertop toaster oven can fit nicely in any small spaces when...
- 【EASY-TO-USE BUILT IN TIMER】The 30-Minute-Timer includes precise toast shade preference and stay-on feature for longer baking tasks. This compact...
- 【WIDE TEMPERATURE RANGE & INTUITIVE OPERATION DIALS】150°F to 450°F lets you cook with the convenience of different type of foods.Two easy to use...
- 【3 USEFUL ACCESSORIES & EASY TO CLEAN】Small toaster ovens countertop comes with 3 accessories: Non-stick Baking Rack, Baking Pan and detachable...
- 10-IN-ONE VERSATILITY - With 10 Functions this All-in-One machine can take care of all your cooking needs. 10 Functions include: Toast, Bake, Broil,...
- EASY TO USE - Control all the features and check current cooking settings easily with 3 control knobs that have large High Contrast LCD Displays....
- POWERFUL COOKING & ADJUSTABLE TEMPERATURE CONTROL – Our TOSHIBA Countertop Toaster Oven allows for a faster and even baking experience with its...
- XL FAMILY-SIZED CAPACITY - With a Larger interior this oven can fit up to 6 slices of bread, a 12” pizza, casseroles, cookies, and up to a 4 pound...
- INCLUDING 6 ACCESSORIES - TOSHIBA Speedy Convection Toaster Oven comes with removable crumb tray, rotisserie kit and lifter, baking rack, baking pan...
- ✅ CONVECTION TOASTER OVEN- Bake, Toast, Roast, Broil and more with this easy to use All-In-One Convection Oven.
- ✅ CONVECTION OVEN is Perfect for parties and holidays- No setup required!
- ✅ 10 INTELLIGENT TOASTER OVEN PRESETS - Including BAGEL & PIZZA functions! Fits up to 9 slices of bread or a 12” Pizza. Ideal for defrosting and...
- ✅ Countertop Oven includes ROTISSERIE option to slow roast small or medium sized poultry
- ✅ Toaster Oven is completely Teflon-free with zero non-stick coating. Wide temperature range: Max Temp: 450ºF, Min Temp: 90ºF
- COOKING FUNCTIONS: This premium 1800 watt toaster oven and AirFryer, is equipped with an AirFry setting plus toast, convection bake, bake, convection...
- CAPACITY: Large enough to toast 6-slices of bread, air fry 3-pounds of chicken wings, bake a 12-inch pizza or roast a 4-pound chicken
- SUPERIOR OPERATION: Equipped with an adjustable temperature dial, 60-minute timer/auto-shutoff and a toast shade selector to ensure your meals are...
- INCLUDES: Oven light, oven rack, baking pan, AirFry basket and a nonstick easy-clean interior to make cleanup simple.
- LIMITED 3-YEAR WARRANTY: Refer to user manual for troubleshooting steps and questions surrounding warranty policies.
- Multi-level heat dissipation system, the heat dissipation effect is obvious: dense heat dissipation system, with multiple heat dissipation holes on...
- Drawer type residue tray: easy to use, easy to clean, external hidden pull-out type residue tray, cleverly integrated into the body, beautiful and...
- Double-layer vertical structure: small size, space saving, small size, the rear part of the control panel is used to increase the roasting volume, the...
- Wide range of applications: The electric oven is widely used for baking biscuits, cakes, tarts, roast chicken, pizza, etc., which is very suitable for...
- Good service: We have a team to solve your problem, if you have any quality or other questions, please feel free to contact us, we will be within 24...
- Z-shaped heating tube: the upper and lower Z-shaped heating tubes are baked more evenly and improve the taste.
- Broadband temperature control: room temperature ~ 230 ℃ full temperature control， easy to meet different baking temperatures.
- Visible transparent window: 3-layer energy gathering safety explosion-proof door， transparent visible window， safety explosion-proof
- 3D heat source convection technology: cube inner liner， charging and heating， baking evenly heated to solve the phenomenon of local burning and...
- Anti-scald big handle: Insulated anti-scald plastic， easy to switch without burning.
- Single door pull opens both doors with 1 hand ease and convenience
- Digital controls provide precise cooking time and temperature to take the guesswork out of cooking
- Turbo convection baking technology cooks faster and browns more evenly
- Two racks provide maximum cooking flexibility; This oven control allows you to slowly cook your food at a preset temperature of 150°F for an...
- Extra large interior accommodates 2 16 inches pizzas; Preheat setting gets oven temperature up to where you need for precise cooking
- Extra-wide interior - specially engineered to fit most 9"x13" pans with handles, eight pieces of bread, or a 12" pizza. Internal Dimensions are...
- Fits most 9"x13" oven pans
- Convection heating plus four cooking functions: baking, broiling, toasting, and keeping food Warm.
- Features maximum temperature of 450 Celsius with wattage of approximately 1500 watts
- Dedicated toast timer - allows predictable shade selection with every use.
- ENDLESS FUNCTIONS: With 1800 watts of power you are able to dual cook, sandwich speed convection, pizza, bake, broil, toast, waffle, bagel, leftover,...
- CAPACITY: Fits 13-inch pizza, 9-inch x 13-inch baking pan and 9 slices of bread. .95-cubic feet inside oven toaster
- MUST-HAVE FEATURES: This digital convection toaster oven has large blue blacklist display with door sensor to activate oven and non-stick interior for...
- INCLUDED: This beautiful brushed stainless steel unit comes with a 13-inch pizza stone, 2 cooking racks, 9-inch x 13-inch enamel baking pan and...
- LIMITED 3-YEAR WARRANTY: Refer to user manual for troubleshooting steps and questions surrounding warranty policies – this product is BPA free