Hand-held mixers are the baker’s best friend. Whether baking some cookies, fresh pastry, cakes, or bread for my little ones, mixing the ingredients to make it happen is often the most challenging part of the art of baking.
Not that I am complaining; all is always worth it when I see my children’s smiles after every bite. Therefore, when I say I need the best handheld mixer there is, I am not joking!
Table of Contents
- Are you new to using handheld mixers?
- Top Rated Hand Mixers for Your Kitchen
- 1. KitchenAid KHM512IC 5-Speed Ultra Power Hand Mixer
- 2. Hamilton Beach 62682RZ Hand Mixer with Snap-On Case, White
- 3. OXA Smart Quiet 800W 12-Speed 4-in-1 Immersion Hand Blender Set Includes Food Chopper
- 4. Mueller Austria 1 001 Ultra-Stick 500 Watt 9-Speed Immersion Multi-Purpose Hand Blender
- 5. KitchenAid KHB2351CU 3-Speed Hand Blender – Contour Silver
- What are the Types of Handheld Mixers?
- Meet and Greet with the Parts of a Handheld Mixer
- What are the factors to consider when buying a handheld mixer?
Are you new to using handheld mixers?
Are you still using your old, boring, manual beater? I have been there. Sad it may seem, but that tool was a big help during my first few attempts in baking. Hence, when I had the chance to own my very first handheld electric mixer, imagine how different it has been.
Electric handheld mixers not only made baking effortless, but they certainly made cakes and cookies done in a jiffy! If you are not that familiar with the tool, it should come as a handy mixer that you use for blending or mixing, whipping, and beating baking ingredients to make it smooth and creamy.
The electric tool has accessories such as metal beaters, hooks, and whisks that are removable. However, handheld mixers are suitable only for daily household baking that are quick to finish like whipping eggs and cream.
See Also: The Best Baking Scales any Baker Would Love In 2022
Top Rated Hand Mixers for Your Kitchen
For all of you who love to bake and have access to good hand mixers, I have here the top five handheld mixers of the highest ratings and positive reviews.
If you do not have time to explore the market, you can check this out and see if you are interested in any of them. You might find the mixer that you have been longing for.
1. KitchenAid KHM512IC 5-Speed Ultra Power Hand Mixer
A KitchenAid 5-Speed Ultra Power Hand Mixer comes in 16 different colors. From mixing nuts, chocolate chips, or dates, to whipping egg whites and mixing heavy cream, this mixer can certainly mix them with ease.
It comprises 5 (five) speeds, 2 stainless steel Turbo beaters, accessories, and the power and control button for you to control its power with efficiency. The KitchenAid 5-Speed Ultra Power Hand Mixer can turn its metal beaters either left or right so you can mix your foods from any angle.
This mixer has a soft-grip handle, and you can easily remove the beaters by pressing only one button when you need it to be cleaned.
2. Hamilton Beach 62682RZ Hand Mixer with Snap-On Case, White
The White Hamilton Beach Hand Mixer looks like the traditional hand mixer. It has 250 Watts as its peak power, which means it does not require that much electricity to work. This mixer features a Bowl-Rest Feature for when you get tired from all the whisking action! It also has six different speeds; you can choose any speed that you desire.
Moreover, the Hamilton Beach Hand Mixer has its own Snap-On Storage Case, which makes it easy for you to keep, how cool is that – no need for you to be troubled on where to keep it! This mixer also has a traditional beater and whisk, and its color is simply white.
This is perfect for you if you are the type of person that just wants something simple and clean. What’s more, it is very affordable – most of the buyers who are on budget eye this mixer because of the price and its free attachments such as whisk and beater.
3. OXA Smart Quiet 800W 12-Speed 4-in-1 Immersion Hand Blender Set Includes Food Chopper
Unlike the first two products, the OXA Smart Quiet 800W 12-Speen 4-in-1 Immersion Hand Blender is a hand mixer taken to the next level. Its body is slimmer and narrower than the hand mixer that we are familiar with when it comes to blending and whisking foods.
This product is a handheld mixer with 12 speeds, each one faster than the other is. A turbo function adds to its features, which makes it a piece of great equipment to blending culinary inventions in restaurants or even in your homes!
This immersion blender is easy to install. By this, I mean you can make just about anything with just one simple click. All you need to do is click and blend!
This handheld mixer has a 304 stainless steel blade that is sharp enough to make anything in such a short time. It includes a 600 ml beaker, 500 ml food processor, whisks attachment, plus splash guard to prevent food from splattering everywhere.
This hand mixer set contains seven items in its box, mainly:
- A Hand Blender Unit with cord;
- A Blending Shaft that lets you blend deep in a pot or anything that can take things in deeper volume;
- Whisking Attachment that is made of food-safe stainless steel that can provide a faster way in beating eggs and cream;
- 500 ml Chopper with S-Shape Blade that speeds up food preparation by cutting smaller items such as onions and garlic and baking ingredients such as nuts and biscuits;
- 600 ml Mixing Beaker that adds to the convenience of it all and lastly;
- A User Manual and a Cookbook
What’s more, it includes a two-year warranty. Now that is something else!
Is it just me, or is this hand mixer all in one?
4. Mueller Austria 1 001 Ultra-Stick 500 Watt 9-Speed Immersion Multi-Purpose Hand Blender
The Mueller Austria Ultra-Stick 500 Watt 9-Speed Immersion Multi-Purpose Hand Blender Heavy Duty Copper Motor Brushed Stainless Steel Finish (phew, this model’s name is so long) is more sophisticated in design compared to the OXA Smart Quiet 800W 12-Speen 4-in-1 Immersion Hand Blender.
The grips on this hand mixer will surely secure your fingers from slipping and can continuously blend while your hands just sit back and hold the handle with ease. The full copper motors can prolong the usage 3 times better than its competitor’s motors can, making it an asset of the product.
The Mueller Austria also includes attachments such as a hand blender and whisk. The stainless steel S-shaped fixed blade can blend fruits for smoothies, milkshakes, and even soups and baby food with ease. This model is definitely my type because I love making smoothies!
In addition, did you know that this hand mixer is European quality and has an American guarantee? Now, this baby right here can go to places. With such high quality, I think this might cure all the problems we have about blending! Oh, my smoothies!
Lastly, I present KitchenAid 3-Speed Hand Blender. Its removable blending arm with fixed blade locks makes it easy to operate. Add it with its stainless steel S-shaped fixed blade, soups, baby food, milkshakes, and smoothies are a no longer problem.
The soft grip on its handle makes the hands hold it easier and can avoid it from slipping.
It has free attachments such as the whisk attachment, which you use for beating eggs and the like. The chopper attachment is perfect for chopping nuts, herbs, and other chunky foods. Lastly is the blending jar, which you use for storing excess food you have blended.
There are three types of Speed Hand Blender:
- The 5-speed hand blender – is very versatile. It can do blending, chopping, whisking, and beating.
- The 3-speed hand blender – this can let you blend, chop, crush, whisk and puree.
- The 2-speed hand blender – has lesser options than the first two; however, the usefulness of this equipment remains.
What are the Types of Handheld Mixers?
- Electric Hand Mixer
This is the most common equipment we imagine once we hear the term “handheld mixer.” This type of mixer needs to plug into an outlet to function. You can see the motor below the handle, attached to it. There are two whisks connected in front of the motor’s body, which do all the work while your hand just moves in the direction you prefer.
- Egg Beater
Unlike the electric hand mixer, an eggbeater does not operate using electricity; instead, it uses your own energy upon beating. In this kind of handheld mixer, you need to use both of your hands to start its magic. It has a crank located at the side of its structure that makes the mixer begin to work. With this, you just simply have to hold the beater using your chosen hand while your other hand starts to turn the crank up to your desired speed.
Meet and Greet with the Parts of a Handheld Mixer
Now that you are already acquainted with the handheld mixer, you should learn its part to get to know it better.
In other terms, you call this the hand mixer’s body. Wires and gears designated for different purposes are inside the housing for the mixer to work correctly. The handle has its own proper place as well. However, there are also handheld mixers whose body or housing is not big like the one most of us know.
The bodies of these mixers are slim and long. Yet again, the function of the wires remains.
There are two types of beaters made for a handheld mixer:
- Mixer – this is for mixing foods with very light consistencies such as eggs, and its speed is low.
- Blender – this is when you want your mixer to be at a higher speed. Other than that, it moves along with the shaft of the motor, which you can find inside the housing.
What are the factors to consider when buying a handheld mixer?
No matter how small a tool is, when it comes to buying, I always want to look for products that fit my needs and standards perfectly. Although what matters most to me is the budget and quality of the equipment, features are vital too. Below are factors that you need to consider before deciding to buy.
This is the most crucial factor to consider when buying a hand mixer. The hand mixer should have a simple structure to reduce the risk of falling. With the base arched, it should not have too many curves on its sides because it will not appear well-balanced and it may interfere with the wire when plugging into an outlet.
Other than this, consider the weight as well. A light hand mixer is preferable to a heavier one. Heavy mixers would need a lot of effort on your part.
Shape of Beaters
Beaters are the primary that does all the whisking, so you probably should look for a hand mixer whose beaters are more curved than that of an angular shape (like a rectangle, maybe). Do you know why? The curved shape takes less time to beat ingredients than the angular ones.
Did you know that curved beaters have two types? Yes, it actually has types!
- Balloon type: We normally see these beaters attached to the hand mixer. Their curved wires are overlapping each other with big spaces in between them. This type of beater is suitable for whipping creams, eggs, and the like.
- French type, although this type of beater has the same shape as the balloon type, the French beater is long and narrow in shape, making the spaces in between them smaller. With this, the French type of beater is preferred in sauces and other liquids that do not have to be whisked that much.
Amount of Wattage Needed
In choosing the best handheld mixer, you need to identify the number of watts required. The ideal number of watts when it comes to buying mixers is 250 watts and above. However, if you settle for 250 watts, it would only be suitable for quick recipes like pancakes. If you want a mixer that can beat just about anything with light consistencies, try 350 watts.
When I say functionality, what I mean is the speed of a mixer that you desire. Search for the speed that suits most of the recipes that you like to make. Although there are keys designated for the amount of speed you wish to have, it is better to do some tests.
Aside from that, you may also consider the sound it creates when working. Some products produce sounds that are irritating to hear.
Quality but at the same time Quantity
A mixer can really take a few paper bills from your wallet, so you need to consider the cost of the equipment. You should think carefully if it is worth the amount it offers.
We have different preferences when choosing the equipment needed in the kitchen especially when it comes to choosing the best handheld mixer. Mixers are essential in almost every household and make things easier in the kitchen.
Among the 5 reviews, my personal pick is the KitchenAid KHM512IC 5-Speed Ultra Power Hand Mixer. I love the fact that KitchenAid is a tested brand in my household.
I appreciate the product’s capability to work perfectly without creating noise in my ears. It proves to be durable and is easy to clean. However, my choice may be different from yours. Try to check one more time and see what product is best for your needs. One thing is for sure; each product is already a winner!
Read more: The Best Pasta Roller that a Pasta Lover Should Remember In 2022
Take a look at these handheld mixers also:
- Material Type: Plastic
- SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE: The Cuisinart Power Advantage Plus 9-speed hand mixer has 220 watts of power with automatic feedback including SmoothStart...
- MUST-HAVE FEATURES: One-step power switch with 9-speed LED display
- EASY TO USE: Simple on/off button, 1-touch speed control with 9-speed options, extremely easy to store away and dishwasher safe parts
- INCLUDED: Includes beaters, chef’s whisk, dough hooks, spatula, instruction/recipe book and sturdy snap-on case to store mixer and accessories
- LIMITED 3-YEAR WARRANTY: Refer to user manual for troubleshooting steps and questions surrounding warranty policies – this product is BPA free
- Baking with ease: with 6 speeds, including a slower first speed and quick burst button, you can adjust this handheld kitchen mixer to accommodate any...
- Snap-on storage case: This hand mixer includes a handy Snap-on storage case with easy-access door for convenient storage.
- Easy to handle: with 275 watts of peak power to handle your baking needs.
- Versatile attachments: The mixer includes easy to clean traditional beaters, dough hooks and whisk.
- Bowl rest: a built-in groove lets you rest The hand mixer over the bowl, so drips go where they belong and not all over your countertop.
- 【Wireless Rechargeable】Out Of The Bondage Of The Wire, No Need To Replace The Battery, Usb Charging Design, Comfortable And...
- 【Fast Stirring】Strong Torque Motor, Flexible 4-Speed Mode, Can Be Adjusted At Any Time According To Demand
- 【Beautiful Shape&Lightweight】 Edge Of The Body Is Designed With Curved Lines To Add Color To Your Kitchen,The Whole Product Weighs...
- 【Practical Humanized Design】The Hand-Held Part Adopts Hollow Design To Prevent Falling Off And Skid,The Bottom Of The Product...
- 【Safe And Multi-Functional】Products Are Made Of Food-Grade Environmentally Friendly Materials, And 2 Food-Grade Stainless Steel...
- Mixer Electric Handheld: 150-Watt Motor in 110-120Voltage with 5 speeds light weight handheld mixer can help to find the right speed for every mixing...
- 6 PCS Stainless Steel Nesting Bowls: Come in sizes 2, 2.5, 3, 4.5, 6 and 7 Quarts. Wide, flat rim ensures a sturdy grip for mixing, whisking; also...
- 7PCS Measuring Spoons: sizes 1/8 tsp, 1/4 tsp, 1/2 tsp,1 tsp, 1/2 tbls, 1 tbls & 1 scraper blade.Feature accurate US measurements markings which will...
- 4 PCS Measuring Cups: sizes 1 cup, 1/2 cup, 1/3 cup, and 1/4 cup. Easy to read engraved sizes showing 'mls' for dry & liquid measurement. Measuring...
- Super Cooking Sets: This is a versatile combination that is a great kitchen gadgets for baking and pre-meal preparation. These salad bowl or serving...
- 2X More Beater Surface Area: Increased surface area of the beaters allows for more contact with the ingredients and complete control of mixing. 120...
- This mixing set includes: two helix beaters, two dough hooks, and one wire whisk.
- Reinforced Nylon Beaters: The helix beaters are made with reinforced nylon, delivering strength to handle tough mixes and durability for consistent...
- 5 Speeds + Turbo Boost: Find the right speed for every mixing task. Plus, you can slowly increase speed for optimal mixing consistency and to prevent...
- Great mini mixer with so many uses! Beat eggs, whip cream and blend drinks! Portable, lightweight, efficient and easy to use!
- Includes 4 attachments to beat/whip, mix, blend/stir and froth.
- Great for making meringue, blending dressings and for frothing! Use for lattes, hot chocolate, creams, batters, gravies, marinades and sauces!
- Great for home, work, travel, camping, RV or dorm room!
- Powered by 2 AA batteries (not included).
- 🍰【BAKING WITH EASE】- With Liraip Hand Mixer you can adjust this kitchen mixer to accommodate any baking recipe. With 5 regular speed, it will...
- 🥧【ULTRA POWER ELECTRIC HAND MIXER】- The new generation Liraip electric hand mixer comes with a upgrade motor, which is much powerful than most...
- 🍪【VERSATILE ATTACHMENTS】- Electric hand mixer includes 4 Stainless Steel Accessories, 2 X Dough Hooks and 2 X Beaters,No rust and fall off will...
- 🎂【COMFORT GRIP】- Lightweight construct and ergonomic handle designed to provide a sturdy grip, made from long lasting materials.
- 🍩【SUPERIOR QUALITY WITH LIRAIP】- We are here to offer you only the best quality products designed to make your life more easier. If you need...