I have been baking for years since I put up a small pastry business to make ends meet. Many believe that the oven is a huge factor in the outcome of your baking quality.
However, without experience, you can never tell. With the tight competition of new technologies today, any type of oven is competent enough when it comes to baking.
When I am at home, I like to use my electric oven to bake some cakes and buns for my family. I say that the electric oven is a versatile and convenient tool in my kitchen. Let’s find out the best electric oven for baking that you can use at home.
Why is an Electric Oven great for baking?
Do you know that the electric oven is the best for baking? It’s because this type of oven provides equal and steady distribution of heat for even cooking. The electrical coil under the floor of the oven section pushes radiant heat upwards to circulate all throughout.
The heat is not that strong so rarely does your baking ends up burnt. Lastly, the environment is also dry enough to make the top of your muffins crispy and golden brown.
|1#||Oster Extra Large Digital Countertop Convection Oven, Stainless Steel: The Best Countertop Electric Oven for Baking||(5.0)|
|2#||Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven 1800-Watt Convection Toaster Oven: The Best Smart Electric Oven for Baking||(4.7)|
|3#||Panasonic NB-G110P Toaster Oven FlashXpress: The Best Double Infrared Heating Oven||(4.8)|
|4#||BLACK+DECKER CTO6335S Countertop Convection Toaster Oven||(4.5)|
|5#||Frigidaire FFET2726TS 27 Inch 7.6 cu. Ft. Total Capacity Electric Double Wall Oven: The Best Double Wall Electric Oven for Baking||(4.3)|
Best Electric Ovens: Review of Top 10 Ovens for Baking
Whether you are renovating, starting up with a new house, replacing an old model, or simply want to buy one for your baking adventures, one of these 5 ovens on my list may be the best choice for you. I purposely chose the best of each type to make it easier for you to pick.
1. Oster Extra Large Digital Countertop Convection Oven, Stainless Steel: The Best Countertop Electric Oven for Baking
With my love for baking and the limited space, I have in my kitchen, I believe that an electric countertop oven is practical for my daily use. The Oster digital oven offers a convection technology for quick and even cooking. The oven has a cooking space large enough for casseroles, roasting and baking pans, and pizzas.
I like the digital controls that are set for several cooking methods like broiling, baking, toasting, and defrosting. It is so easy to use and simple to understand.
- 90-minute timer with auto shut-off
- 2 oven racks, a baking pan, and integrated broiling rack
- Digital settings
- Has a 1-year warranty
- Comes with complete and clear instructions
- Comes with a cooking tray
- Has turbo selection
- Makes the best toast than a toaster
- No reheat feature
- You have to turn the pan halfway point when baking for even brown.
- No internal light
Related: Best Edible Printers that a Food Fanatic Should Know
2. Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven 1800-Watt Convection Toaster Oven: The Best Smart Electric Oven for Baking
Have you ever had a smart appliance? Different food requires several methods of heating. When other ovens still can’t perfect even distribution of heat, the Breville oven goes way far than that. Whatever food you’re cooking, the Breville Smart electric oven with the installation of IQ technology is smart enough to adjust its heat distribution for perfect results.
This electric oven is best for baking. Convection cooking uses the fan to flow hot air for cooking done at the same rate. This factor is essential for baking cakes, cookies, and other baked goods. Made with the most durable materials, many have confirmed of its sturdiness and superb performance.
- Easy Clean SS housing with ribbed plate warming tray
- Nonstick interior with 3 rack positions
- Tempered glass door
- Slack HashtagMagnetic auto-eject rack
- Slack HashtagBack-lit easy-read LCS that calculates correct time and temperature
- Slack Hashtag9 pre-set cooking functions
- Has a non-stick coating inside
- Easy to clean
- Easy to use
- Not self-cleaning
3. Panasonic NB-G110P Toaster Oven FlashXpress
Panasonic NB-G110P is the best electric oven for baking that stands out among its competitors. This type oven offers features, attractive modern style, and durability at a minimal cost. The Panasonic Toaster Oven is ideal for all homes, whether you are in an apartment or a home.
What I like most with Panasonic NB-G110P is the high standard of Double Infrared Heating that toast, bake, and reheat to perfection. I also appreciate its compact design. Besides, with a convenient manual touch-button temperature control sensor, you can bake fresh breads and prepared meals easily
- Double Infrared Heating
- 6 Auto Cook Menus
- Digital Timer up to 25 minutes
- Slack HashtagTemperature settings from 250ºF to 500ºF
- 1-year warranty
- Compact size
- Precise Temperature Control
- Easy to clean
- Reasonable price
- Easy to understand installation manual
- You need to work hard on the wires
4. BLACK+DECKER CTO6335S Countertop Convection Toaster Oven
Even though how small your kitchen area is, you won’t be discouraged to install the BLACK+DECKER CTO6335S Countertop Convection Toaster Oven. Its 22.8” is perfect for any kitchen design. CTO6335S toaster oven features one-touch functions for a whole range of foods.
- Extra-Deep Interior
- Dual Position Rack
- 8 One-Touch Functions
- Slack HashtagConvection Baking
- Easy to Clean Exterior
- Fast baking
- 2 years labor and parts warranty
- Easy to control temperature and time
- Reasonable Price
- The door doesn’t fully open
5. Frigidaire FFET2726TS 27 Inch 7.6 cu. Ft. Total Capacity Electric Double Wall Oven: The Best Double Wall Electric Oven for Baking
As if the single wall is good enough, I am introducing to you Frigidaire double wall oven. So just to give you different kind of choices, this electric oven is huge (7.6 cu ft. capacity) and is a perfect fit for large kitchen spaces, commercial use, special events, and serves a big family. Like any other electric oven, it has even baking technology, and of course, vari-broil temperature control.
Frigidaire oven is self-cleaning as well, with the delay clean option feature. It has digital ready-select controls, and you can use the delay start baking function. All cook settings have a timed-cook option for your convenience.
- Even Baking Technology
- With oven rack handles
- Slack HashtagDouble-wall
- Slack HashtagDigital controls
- Reasonable Price
- No need cleaning
- Delay features are helpful
- Perfect for a large group
- The timer is accurate
- The second oven has a limited function
- Not suitable for average family daily use
- Not practical at home
With many new features, style, and functions offered by various manufacturers nowadays, it is confusing to decide what to expect when buying electric ovens. I will explain here the primary factors that make an excellent oven to help you pick the right one for your baking.
Related: What You Need To Know About The Five Best Over The Range Microwave
Baking Function: Conventional Electric Oven
The good news is most of the new designs already offer multiple functions other than baking. New models already have the fan, grill, defrost, and steam function that gives you flexibility in the kitchen.
Size: Single Oven VS. Double Oven
- Single Electric Ovens:
The single oven is your pick when your kitchen space is limited. It is suitable for those who either cook for one or two only or just don’t cook that much. This type of oven usually measures 60 cm tall and can be built-in or placed at eye-level. However, you can only use one function at a time.
- Double Electric Ovens:
Double electric ovens are more flexible compared to single ovens. It can also cater to large families, big events, or commercial purposes. Since these electric ovens tend to have multiple functions, you will notice that it has a second traditional oven along with it.
Main ovens are roomier and bigger than the second. This secondary oven is usually smaller than the first one. The built-in type measures an average of 90 cm tall while the eye-level measures an average of 70 cm high. You can use different functions at the same time with a double oven.
- Timers: Electric Oven features programmable timers that you can set to start and stop when you are busy or not around. This is excellent for busy moms who love to multitask. You can do baking and do some errands while on it.
- Digital/Automation: An advantage of an electric oven is the technology that comes with it. Smart ovens offers are different benefits in terms of efficiency, convenience, less effort, and speed. Take the preset cooking functions as an example.
- Energy Saver: Electric Ovens rates on an energy efficiency scale between A and G. Choose one that you think is the most energy saver (A) to cut the cost of electricity bills. This type of electric oven is also environmentally friendly.
- Hand Pointing RightSelf-Cleaning: New models of electric ovens feature catalytic liners that abolish the necessity for scrubbing the oven walls. When the oven is on its utmost temperature, they break down and eradicate food spills.
Should I preheat my baking oven?
You should. It is crucial to preheat the oven to ensure that the heat will be spread evenly once you put the food inside. It provides you with a higher quality of food and a faster baking process.
Which baking pan is best to use in a convection oven?
For convection ovens, it is best to use a pan with a shallow design to ensure there is enough air circulation which drastically quickens cooking time. You can use racks, trays, or any regular baking pans.
Can I put a pizza stone in the baking oven?
Yes, you can, but the stone and the oven must be preheated first. These stones take a long time to get warm, so place the pizza on the preheated stone and put it into the oven for the best results.
Is a convection baking oven suitable for baking fish and meat?
Absolutely. Convection ovens keep the moisture in the food, making the flavor much richer even hours after preparation. It is a far better solution than an open grill or pan.
Why does baking in baking ovens take a shorter time?
These ovens have small fans inside them, which helps better heat distribution in every corner of the oven. Baking becomes a much faster process with these fans since they spread heat evenly.
Can I put glass bakeware in an electric oven for baking?
Yes, you can, but only if it is oven-safe glass. It is risky to put just any glass bakeware in the oven, so make sure it has an oven-safe label. These labels are usually located on the bottom of the container.
I have presented to you the best electric ovens that are perfect for baking. I purposely selected different types to help you choose base on your needs. Personally, I am using the Oster Extra Large Digital Countertop Convection Oven, Stainless Steel at home. It is the most practical to use for my family’s size, kitchen space, budget, and I like the features, clean, and modern looks that it gives.
Yet, my pick might not be suitable for yours. If your purpose is to cater to a big and active group, I recommend the double wall electric oven. When your kitchen design call for a built-in style, go for it. If you are adventurous enough to try a smart oven, go ahead!
I have given all the options for you. Have you decided yet? Do you have friends who need help on electric ovens? Feel free to share and drop comments!
+ Best Professional Gas Ranges for the Home that Will Make Your Dreams Come True
+ This is the Best Silicone Baking Mat You Can Ever Get Your Hands On!
+ How to Preheat Oven: Important Steps You Shouldn’t Miss
Check these also: